Office of Public Relations and International Scientific Cooperation
Dr. Mohammed Reza Falahati Qadimi Fumani
Office of International Scientific Cooperation (OISC) of ISC works directly under the supervision of ISC’s President and is responsible for initiating and strengthening ties with universities, research institutions and, in general, the scientific society of the Islamic countries. ISC, with its national and international responsibilities, has wide range of users, including universities, research institutions, publishers, faculty members, researchers, and analysts in the field of scientometrics in the OIC region. It also releases reports on different activities of ISC to the scientific community – reports on university ranking, journal indexing and workshops being only few examples.
Vision and Mission:
- Setting policies related to regional cooperation based on the priorities of the government of the Islamic Republic of Iran.
- Holding home and regional seminars and conferences in the areas of Informatics as well as Information Science and Technology.
- Adopting suitable policies for RICeST active participation in regional research projects related to Librarianship and Information Sciences, Computational Linguistics (CL), etc.
- Encouraging abroad residing Iranian researchers as well as regional scientists to play an active role in research endeavors exercised at Setting policies related to regional cooperation based on the priorities of the government of the Islamic Republic of Iran.
- Implementing student and professor exchange programs with home and regional universities, libraries, research center, …
- Holding scientific cooperation with international institutes like UNESCO, TWAS, … .
- Cooperation with the Office of International Scientific Cooperation of Iran Ministry of Science, Research and Technology.
- Cooperation with RICeST Information Center in opening different branches in different provinces of Iran.
- Cooperation with Iran Foreign Ministry in establishing branches of RLSTs Information center in regional countries. At the moment, RICeST has their Branches at Tishreen University, Syrias Virtual University and Yemens National Information Center and will inaugurate another branch in Armenia in the near future.
- Introducing RICeST and its services by writing, publishing and distributing Catalogues, etc.
- Seeking new markets for RICeST services.
- Making the necessary arrangements for the visits made by Iranian and regional universities, etc.
- Delivering ID passwords to Iranian and regional users.
- Making RICeST a full member of COMSTECHs Inter-Library Resource Network.
- Supporting Iranlogists throughout the world by providing them with their information needs.
- Monitoring the publication of RICeST News Letter.
- Connecting the users with the right departments of RICeST and answering their questions through telephone, email, … .
- OISC seeks to inaugurate regional branches in regional countries.