Higher Education in Qatar
Education is one of the most critical pillars in Qatar's vision of a diversified, knowledge-based economy and a prosperous future for its citizens. The Ministry's goal is to produce confident, self-reliant and hard-working critical thinkers. Students will graduate with 21stcentury skills and values to succeed in higher education, in the workforce and in life.
The Ministry of Education and Higher Education (MOEHE) is the government entity charged with supporting and regulating education in Qatar. That includes a full array of K-12 public and private schools and high-quality institutions of higher education.
Major Ministry Responsibilities
- Develop educational policies to achieve success.
- Continuously monitor and incorporate best practices and evidence-based research - within the Qatari cultural and social context- to improve teaching and learning.
- License private schools.
- Provide a variety of scholarships to qualified Qatari students attending colleges and universities
- Qualify institutions of higher education eligible for Qatari scholarships.
- Recruit, train, support and license public school teachers.
- Set curriculum standards for math, science, English, Arabic, and Islamic studies for all public K-12 schools.
Vision, Mission and Values
The Ministry has identified a mission, a vision, and a set of values to guide its work.
Vision: “Leading innovative, high-quality, life-long learning opportunities serving Qatar's society".
Mission: “Regulate and support high quality learning opportunities across all educational levels to provide individuals in Qatar's society with the needed knowledge, skills, and attitudes according to their abilities and in line with the national values needs".