Prof.Dr.Seyed ahmad fazelzadeh haghighi
Institute for Science Citation and Observatory of Science and Technology (ISC)
|Address:||Institute for Science Citation and Observatory of Science and Technology (ISC), Jam-e-Jam Ave, Jomhouri Eslami Blvd, Shiraz , 71946-94171, IRAN|
Seyed Ahmad Fazelzadeh (b. 1967 @ Shiraz-Iran) is currently Distinguished Professor of Mechanical Engineering at Shiraz University in Iran. He obtained the B.Sc. degree (Honors) in Mechanical Engineering in 1991 from the Shiraz University. He received the M.Sc. degree in Applied Mechanics and Ph.D. degree in Aerospace Engineering from Sharif University of Technology in 1994 and 2002, respectively.
His research and teaching span over 28 years and his expertise in the fields of Aeroelasticity, Green Aviation, Electric Aircraft Design, Aircraft Wing Design, Structural Stability, Flight Dynamics and Control, Optimal Control, Nano
Composites, Smart Structures, Metamaterials, Thermal Stresses and Reliability Analysis. Also, He has advised 10 PhD and 35 MS graduates. To his credit thus far he has three books, seven book chapters, over 130 technical papers in prestigious journals, 135 papers in the international conference proceedings and one national Patent.
His name was indicated in the list of World's Top 2% Scientists by Stanford University and Scopus 2020 -2022.
He was a Visiting Research Professor at the Zienkiewicz Centre for Computational Engineering, Swansea University, UK, and Department of Aerospace Science and Technology at Politecnico di Milano, Italy, in 2018 and 2020, respectively.
Dr Fazelzadeh serves on the Editorial Boards of Applied Mathematical Modelling (Elsevier), Journal of Mechanics of Advanced Composite Structures, Iranian Journal of Science and Technology, Transaction of Mechanical Eng. (Springer) and Sharif Journal of Mechanical Engineering. He also served as a reviewer for high prestige Journals. He has been awarded the “Outstanding Contribution In Reviewing” certificates by Elsevier for peer-reviewing services of International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, Journal of Fluids and Structures, and Aerospace Science and Technology.
He is an active researcher and dedicated teacher and has received numerous awards and recognitions for excellence in teaching and research.
In the 50th anniversary celebration of Sharif University of Technology, he was chosen by Sharif University of Technology as one of its fifty distinguished alumni in 2016. He is a member of the Iranian Society of Mechanical Engineering and was elected as distinguished professor in 2018.
Also, Dr Fazelzadeh and colleagues received COMSTECH Award for the best scientific book (2021).
ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-3079-8271
Google Scholar: h-index= 31 and i10-index=69
Scopus: h-index= 27 2022-04-05
A: Academic Positions:
- Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, Shiraz University, Iran,
- Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, Shiraz University, Iran, 2007-2011.
- Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, Shiraz University, Iran, 2002-2007.
- Senior Research Assistant, Aerospace Engineering Department, Sharif University of Technology, Iran,1997-2002.
- Instructor, Mechanical Engineering Department, Shiraz University, Iran,1993-1997.
- Teaching Assistant, Mechanical Engineering Department ,Sharif University of Technology, Iran, 1992-1993.
B: Taught Courses:
Statics, Strength of Materials I, Strength of Materials II, Mechanism Design, Machine Design I, Machine Design II, Dynamics, Automatic Control.
Spring (2002, 2003) and Fall (2005, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018, 2020)
Spring (2004, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2017, 2021)
Spring (2010) and Fall (2013, 2015, 2017, 2019,2021)
Spring (2012, 2014, 2016, 2018,2022) and Fall (2003, 2004, 2009)
Spring (2006, 2008) and Fall (2011)
C: Fields of Interest:
Aeroelasticity, Green Aviation, Aircraft Wing Design,Electric Aircraft Design, Flight Dynamics and Control, Structural Stability, Optimal Control, Structural Stability, Structural Dynamics, Smart Structuers, Nano Composites, Nonoscopic Structures, Metamaterials, Thermoelasticity, Energy Harvesting, Uncertainty Quantification and Reliability Analysis.
D: Professional Appointments:
- Visiting Professor, Department of Aerospace Science and Technology at Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy, February- August 2020.
- Visiting Professor, Zienkiewicz Centre for Computational Engineering (ZCCE), Swansea University, UK, July-September 2018.
- Member of Board of Trustees, Fars Science and Technology Park, 2022-present.
- Member of Board of Trustees, Shiraz University, 2011-2015.
- Member of Board of Trustees, Shiraz University of Technology, 2011-2015.
- Board member of Asian Science Park Association (ASPA) 2014-2015.
- Secretary and member, Board of Trustee of Science and Technology, South region of Iran, Ministry of Science, Research and Technology, 2011-2015.
- Member of Founder committee of Shiraz University of Technology, 2003-2004.
E: Editorial Activities:
- Gest Editor of Archive of Applied Mechanics (Springer): Mechanics of Size-Dependent Materials, 2021-2022.
- Associate Editor of Iranian Journal of Science and Technology-Transactions of Mechanical Engineering (Springer), 2019- present.
- Subject Editor of Applied Mathematical Modelling (Elsevier), 2018- present.
- Editorial Board of Journal of Mechanics of Advanced Composite Structures, 2014- present.
- Editorial Board of Sharif Journal of Mechanical Engineering, 2008- 2020.
- Reviewer for high prestige Journals Such as:
AIAA Journal, Journal of Aircraft, Journal of Fluids and Structures, Journal of Sound and Vibration, Journal of Thermal stresses, Applied Mathematical Modelling, ASCE: Journal of Aerospace Engineering, Acta Mechanica, ASME: Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, International Journal of Structural Stability, Composite Structures, Composites Part B,….