INP Secretariat was opened in Shiraz by the Minister of Science, Research and Technology
Office of International Scientific Cooperation (OISC), Aug. 27, 2022
INP Secretariat was opened by Mohammad Ali Zolfi Gol, Minister of Science, Research and Technology on the first day of his trip to Fars during his visit to Institute for Science Citation and Observatory of Science and Technology (ISC) (Saturday, August 27, 2022).
Creating Ideas and Needs Platform (INP) was one of the programs proposed by the Minister of Science, Research and Technology to the Iranian Parliament, which leads to a connection between the needs of society, private and governmental industries and researchers, knowledge-based companies, science and technology parks, and growth centers.
This project has been entrusted to ISC since last year and all of the executive organizations should submit the research priorities, needs and issues which are along with the approved research proposal on this platform, which will be the single gate for all ministries.
The processes and outcomes of INP include the following:
Brainstorming to help solve the country's problems and prevent the wastage of funds in the implementation of large-scale projects
- Getting connected with the structure of patent system and idea exchange
- Conducting needs-based research
- Improving awareness, classifying and prioritizing needs of import (customs), industry, government, society and ranking of universities
- Increasing the trust of industry, government and society in science and knowledge and creating a social demand for communications with universities
- Compiling research priorities systematically and dynamically to draw a comprehensive need-capability map of the country's industries and universities
- Viewing, analyzing, criticizing and using ideas and needs by public
- Monitoring and ranking researchers
Also, INP and the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology will play an important role in the implementation of policies for the creation and promotion of national platforms of education, research, technology and innovation.